We leave in 11 days. I have been packing (and re-packing) for the last week. I had 2 suitcases to check and 3 carry-ons, plus Paul's bags, so I had to downsize by one checked bag. I do not want to lug all of those bags around. All we have left to pack is Paul's bag (he will be gone for two weeks before we leave).All of our hotels are booked, and I got our airline seat assignments today. We also received a bit of good news last Friday. We are going to meet Liang and take custody of him at his orphanage in Xinxiang on the 13th. Adoption is still the 14th. I am very happy that we will be able to visit where he has been living for the past 6 years. If Liang can show us around, it may help with his bonding to us. I am so excited to meet my son, I can't wait to hug him and tell him I love him.
A great thing happened today. A complete stranger (the carpet cleaner), was here today and saw the pics of Liang hanging in our living room. He asked me, how long it took for MY SON'S cleft lip surgery to heal. Someone called him my son and it felt great. I have thought of him as my son since we were matched, but it was hard to convince others (family) to feel the same way. I had the biggest smile on my face and went on blabbing all about him.
Will post more before we leave. I am waiting for an updated photo from WACAP. ~Heather
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment